Opportunity: Pool of Gender Experts
|Title||Pool of Gender Experts|
|Starting date||January 2015|
|Description||Femconsult is looking to expand its pool of gender experts: |
We are seeking consultants - both men and women - with a varied mix of operational and technical skills and with experience in promoting gender equality, gender equity, gender mainstreaming and/ or women’s empowerment in the context of development projects/ programmes in a variety of sectors.
If you are interested in possible assignments please register into our online Experts Database.
|Deadline for submission of candidatures||Continuously|
|Requirements||We are looking especially for experts with the following qualifications:|
• Advanced degree in socio-economics or associated fields (education, humanitarian studies, gender studies, international relations, international law, women's or children's rights etc.)
• A minimum of 5 years combining gender and development cooperation in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of interventions in Africa, Asia or Latin America;
• Demonstrable knowledge of gender issues and their relevance in socio-economic development project/programmes;
• Promoting gender equality/equity and or gender mainstreaming;
• Knowledge of one or more of the following fields would be an asset: gender-based violence issues; timesaving infrastructure for women; ownership rights of women; promotion of women in the labour market; or promotion of women’s participation in official decision making bodies;
• Excellent analytical skills;
• Strong and effective oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural setting with sensitivity to the local context.
Fluency in English, and/or French/Spanish/Portuguese
|Required CV format||EU format English|
If you wish to submit your candidature, please register.