|Starting date||1 February 2018|
|Description||Femconsult has worked internationally as a specialised consultancy organisation on gender, aid and development for over 30 years. As a social enterprise and established as a foundation in 1985, Femconsult strives to increase gender equality and improve the position of women and girls worldwide through her work and related initiatives. Femconsult is based in the Netherlands and offers advisory services and technical assistance for sustainable, inclusive and gender equitable development to multilateral, bilateral, governmental and non-governmental organisations. |
Femconsult consists of seven experienced in-house staff members and a large group of associated experts through which it forms an ambitious group of – mainly but not exclusively – women consultants with a wide variety of know-how. In addition, Femconsult draws from an extensive database with highly qualified international and national professionals to deliver advisory services in many areas of development.
|Deadline for submission of candidatures||15 December 2017|
- A Master’s Degree (or in the last year of studies) in the field of international cooperation, gender studies, agricultural sciences, WASH, development studies, rural economics and/or equivalent.
Experience and skills:
- Previous work experience and knowledge of one/more thematic focus areas of the Dutch development cooperation policy (water, food security, SRHR, peace and security, private sector development, female entrepreneurship) in combination with specific gender knowledge will be considered as an advantage.
1) Framework Contract (FWC) requests and project management
- Respond to incoming EU FWC requests up to the EU offer stage (Following up interesting requests, finding suitable experts, submitting a team of consultants)
- Preparation of awarded EU FWC requests (expert contract, logistics etc.)
- Following up on current running EU FWC missions.
2) Consultant database
- Evaluate on a daily basis new possible candidates to become part of the expert database (communicate with them over email about the status of their request)
- Exploring new options to recruiting valuable new consultants for the database (LinkedIn, or other platforms).
3) PR and Social media
- Keep the social media pages up to date (active Twitter feed, post relevant opportunities on LinkedIn, and write news articles for our website)
- Work with the team on possible other media strategies that have not yet been explored and brainstorm on how Femconsult’s profile as gender advisory service can be strengthened.
4) Acquisition Tenders
- Produce a weekly list of opportunities by scanning relevant tender websites.
- In case of a large tender, contribute to the administrative preparations of the tender phase.
- Team support: at the request of colleagues, provide support for various administrative tasks.
- The preferred internship period is a minimum of three months.
- Travel expenses will be covered as well as a small fee.
- Femconsult strongly values young talent and aims to constructively contribute to a successful internship experience. Femconsult acknowledges that some internships require a research project, it is possible to discuss research projects – within the scope of Femconsult’s capabilities and interests - to be completed during the internship period.
For more information about Femconsult please visit www.femconsult.org.
For further information on the position, please contact Ms Monique Mekenkamp, Project Manager, on phone number 070-3655744.
Interested to join our team?
Please send your motivation letter with your detailed CV before December 15 to the attention of Ms. Monique Mekenkamp to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Required CV format||n/a|
If you wish to submit your candidature, please register.